Author: Hussaini Ibrahim

From Umar Danladi Ado, Sokoto The Chairman of Bukuyum Local Government Area of Zamfara State, Abubakar Umar Faru, has called on the Federal Government to urgently equip security agencies with modern weapons to effectively tackle rising insecurity in the state. Faru said the provision of advanced military hardware would enable security forces to launch a full-scale offensive against bandits operating in the Gando Forest and other hideouts across Zamfara. In a statement made available to journalists, the council chairman disclosed that he had already supplied security agencies with the coordinates of bandits’ camps deep inside the forest but lamented their…

Read More

From Umar Danladi Ado, Sokoto Members of the hometown community of former Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Faruk Yahaya have denounced a viral video accusing the retired military chief of involvement in “sponsored terrorism.” The Sifawa Development Forum described the video as false, malicious, and a threat to national security. Briefing newsmen of Friday in Sokoto, the Forum’s Secretary-General, Mohammed Bello Yusuf, said the community was “shocked and deeply disturbed” by attempts to link Gen. Yahaya to activities he spent his career fighting against. “We find it outrageous and unacceptable that anyone would fabricate a video to accuse a…

Read More

From Umar Danladi Ado, Sokoto The Federal Government has distributed emergency agricultural inputs to 600 vulnerable onion farmers in Sokoto State following losses recorded during the 2025 farming season due to poor-quality seeds. The intervention, which covers more than 300 hectares of farmland, is aimed at helping affected farmers recover their livelihoods and boost onion production in the state. Under the programme, each beneficiary is allocated inputs sufficient for 0.5 hectares, including fertilisers, insecticides and pesticides. Speaking at the distribution exercise, the Executive Secretary of the National Agricultural Development Fund, Mu’azu Ibrahim, represented by the Permanent Secretary of the Federal…

Read More

From Ahmed Muhammed Danasabe, Lokoja The Kogi State Government has confirmed the killing of four suspected bandits and the abduction of 13 worshippers during an attack on an ECWA church in Kiri community, Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area of the state. The Commissioner for Information, Kingsley Fanwo, disclosed this on Monday in Lokoja, following the incident which occurred during Sunday service. Fanwo said the bandits stormed the church but were confronted by local hunters, who killed four of the attackers, while several others escaped with gunshot wounds. He added that 13 worshippers were kidnapped during the attack, noting that security operatives…

Read More

From Atiku Sarki, Abuja The Nigeria Economic Zones Association (NEZA) commended the Managing Directors of the Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA) and the Oil and Gas Free Zones Authority (OGFZA) on their recent call for a ten-year moratorium before the implementation of the National Tax Policy (NTP) within Nigeria’s Free Zones. In a statement signed and issued to Triumph in Abuja by the Executive Secretary of NEZA,I.O. Ebegbede said this bold and forward-thinking position is both timely and aligns with NEZA’s previously stated concerns, as expressed in our official press release dated September 1, 2025. According to the statement,…

Read More

From Atiku Sarki, Abuja The Oil and Gas Free Zones Authority has backed calls for a 10-year tax exemption for operators in oil and gas free zones, urging the Federal Government to allow a transition period under the new tax law. In a statement issued to Triumph on Sunday, the authority said its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mr Bamanga Umar Jada, made the call during a town hall meeting held in Onne, Rivers State, involving officials of the Federal Inland Revenue Service and OGFZA licensees. Jada said the proposed exemption would give operators the needed “adaptation space” to…

Read More

By Usman Usman Garba The Kano State Government has launched the Fix Kano App, a digital platform aimed at enhancing citizen participation, accountability and service delivery across the state. The app was unveiled on Sunday at the maiden Kano Startup Weekend 2025, organised by the Kano State Information Technology Development Agency. Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf, who was represented at the event by the Commissioner for Science, Technology and Innovation, Dr Yusuf Kofarmata, said the initiative would provide residents with a direct channel to report issues and monitor government responses. “The Fix Kano App is a bold governance tool that allows…

Read More

By Usman Usman Garba Kano State Governor, Abba Kabir Yusuf, has congratulated Premier Radio 102.7 FM on its fourth anniversary, describing the station as a professional and people-oriented broadcast organisation contributing to public enlightenment and good governance in the state. The governor, in a statement issued on Sunday by his spokesperson, Sunusi Bature Dawakin Tofa, praised the station for its commitment to ethical journalism, accuracy and balanced reportage. Yusuf said Premier Radio had earned public trust by maintaining editorial independence, providing unbiased news coverage and giving room for diverse opinions in its programming. According to him, the station has played…

Read More

By Hussaini Ibrahim Kano State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Abdulkarim Kabiru Maude (SAN), has commenced a full investigation into the alleged assault of Rabi Hamza Danladi Nasidi, a case that recently drew widespread public attention in the state. Maude met with the victim at his office in the Ministry of Justice on Thursday, shortly after returning from a three-day official engagement in Abuja. Rabi was accompanied by her husband, Hamza Ado, and her brother, Nura Hamza. During the meeting, the victim’s husband reportedly provided a detailed account of the incident, including the extent of injuries sustained by his wife…

Read More

From Ahmed Muhammed Danasabe, Lokoja Residents of Lokoja, the Kogi State capital, have raised fresh concerns over worsening electricity supply, lamenting high tariffs and frequent blackouts by the Kogi Electricity Distribution Limited (KEDL). The residents said the persistent outages, coupled with rising electricity bills, are placing heavy strain on households, businesses and public institutions across the city. Many households complained that electricity charges now consume a significant portion of their monthly income despite irregular power supply. They noted that the situation has become more difficult amid the current economic hardship. Small and medium-scale business owners said erratic electricity supply has…

Read More